Practicing gratitude in our daily lives is one of the best ways to create a joyful existence. Think about it. When you’re feeling appreciative of the people, places, and things in your life, there is a great sense of contentment and little room for negativity. We can all be more gracious in our day-to-day lives. Here are 10 ways we can practice gratitude daily, and in turn live a more positive and inspiring life.
1. Give one sincere compliment daily.
2. Try to give up complaining for one week. Each time something bothers you, try to think about something positive. (This is easier said than done, I know, but it’s a great way to start.)
3. Get involved in a cause that’s important to you. Whether you donate time, money, or talent, your contribution will be greatly appreciated.
4. Keep a gratitude journal where you record three things that you are grateful for each day. If you have the time, try to do this once in the morning and once before bed.
5. There’s a Thanksgiving tradition where, after saying grace, those seated around the table share something they are thankful for. Why not practice this year round?
6. Say “Thank you.” This is not ground breaking, and most of us do it anyway, but remember to thank loved ones, even for the mundane things that we might normally take for granted.
7. Write a letter of gratitude. Thank-you notes are not only for gifts! Take time and write someone who has made a profound impact on your life. It will bring joy to you both.
8. Look at mistakes as opportunities for growth. We all make mistakes, and when we look back, we usually learn something from them too!
10. Spend quality time with those you love. Whether cooking, crafting, or taking a walk, make time to really connect with family and friends.
How do you practice gratitude?