As we enter the warmest days of summer, I’m often in search of something cold and refreshing. A fun and flavorful pitcher drink is always in my refrigerator when the temperatures reach 80 degrees Fahrenheit and above. They’re also great to have on hand when entertaining. These delicious concoctions are best enjoyed from a rocking chair in the company of a good friend! (In the shade, of course.)
- 1 (46-ounce) can pineapple juice, chilled
- 4½ cups ginger ale, chilled
- 4 cups orange juice, chilled
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, chilled
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients. Serve over ice.
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 11 lemons)
- Garnish: fresh lemon slices
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water, strawberries, and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside, and let cool completely.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in lemon juice and remaining 3 cups water. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon, if desired.
What’s your favorite summer beverage?