It’s January, and that means it should be cold here! Instead, it has been more than warm here in Alabama. People are outside going about life like it is a spring day!
I have a confession to make; I have never had a S’more! Every time I tell this, people stop and gasp in disbelief. “Really?” they say. S’mores are mostly served at campsites, so that should explain everything. Our brilliant test kitchen chefs always surprise me, and this time rather than the traditional S’mores, they have developed a Grilled S’more Sandwich that you can make right from the safety and comfort of your kitchen. I think my grandchildren would really love these sandwiches and we could have so much fun making them together.
So, if you are looking for a twist on an old favorite (and not have to sleep on the ground to get one), try this delicious S’mores-inspired recipe!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 12 (1⁄2-inch-thick) slices bread, such as brioche
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons marshmallow crème, such as Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Butter 1 side of each bread slice. On unbuttered side of 1 bread slice, spread 3 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread. On unbuttered side of another bread slice, spread 3 tablespoons marshmallow crème. Press slices together, buttered side out. Repeat with remaining bread, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and marshmallow crème.
- Cook until golden brown and chocolate-hazelnut spread and marshmallow crème are melted, 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Serve warm.
What’s your favorite twist on an old favorite?